It’s that time of the year, again! Holidays are upon us, and it is with great excitement I share with you the knick-knacks of my absolute favorite things to do – Entertain! For anyone that has known me, knows that I can get little “extra” when it comes to hosting gatherings of all sizes (ask me about a whole suckling pig making an appearance next to a turkey on a Thanksgiving dinner table)!
In my mind, every little detail – food presentation, tablescapes, seasonal decor, and of course, the quality of food and drinks – plays a pivotal part in how memorable the evening will be.
Anyways, here I am, a hostess known for “more is more” and “less is not acceptable”, planning for yet another celebratory event. Whether it is a dinner party or a big bash, here are the staples that almost always make an appearance:
- Kachapuri (that decadent Georgian cheese bread) – still not sharing that recipe, Matt!
- Charcuterie boards ( yes, plural)
- Lots of cheese (this here is almost always my dessert)
- Roquefort with halved figs, lightly drizzled with honey, and served with that gorgeous Sauternes (yes, please!)
- Prosciutto Crostini with Lemony Fennel Slaw.
- Tomato Bread w/ Serrano Ham and shaved Manchego Cheese.
– Cut the tomatoes in half and rub the cut half-pressing firmly against a sliced bread. Top the sliced bread with cheese and then ham. Drizzle with olive oil. Bam!
- Endives stuffed with Pears, Walnuts, and Goat cheese
- Wine – oh soo much wine (I was just told it’s almost always old world wines – figures.)
- New Year’s Eve staple: A Champagne tower, no matter the size of a party!
- Dancing is mandatory. 🙂
I know, I know, people we spend time with have the most to do with creating great memories. Still, I must say that the environment we create makes the experience just a tidbit better. Don’t you think?